Schneider Downs, Pittsburgh's largest regional accounting firm (and 4th largest overall), is large enough to provide you with tremendous career opportunities, yet small enough to ensure that you get personal attention for your career development.
As an Accounting Supervisor in our Private Family Office group, you will be part of a learning culture that values quality and integrity, where you’ll be supported by Schneider Downs professionals and will work on a variety of client matters.
- Verify, allocate, and post details of business transactions of subsidiary accounts to general ledger.
- Summarize details in separate ledgers and transfer data to general ledger.
- Transferring information from one spreadsheet into another system.
- Reconciling and making sure both systems tie out.
- Pay customer invoices.
- Determine that the account has sufficient funds for payment of invoices.
- Request transfer of funds necessary to meet cash distribution needs.
- Compile reports to show statistics such as cash receipts and expenditures, accounts payable and receivable, profit and loss, and other items pertinent to operation of business.
- Calculate employee wages from records and prepare checks for payment of wages.
- Record payroll transactions from third party payroll providers.
- Generate monthly statements to customers.
- Complete records to or though trial balance.
- The above tasks are for several different entities.
- The above tasks are maintained on different software packages depending on the client.
- Prepare quarterly financial statements.
- Supervise other accountants.
- Review the work of other accountants.
- Assign work and projects to other accountants.
- Monitor and maintain the monthly workload status reports.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting and 5+ years of related work experience including supervisor experience.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- The ability to prioritize effectively on projects and the skills to adapt quickly to new challenges and concepts.