As a member of our summer internship program, you will work as part of the engagement team focusing on IT compliance or advisory projects and will assist management in preparing risk assessments, audit plan programs, and internal audit reports. You will serve a variety of clients in various industries within the public and private sectors.
• Identify, evaluate and document IT business risks and general computer and application controls
• Develop audit programs based on type, complexity, age and criticality of systems being evaluated
• Evaluate security and controls of Windows, UNIX, firewalls, database environments and network devices as experience allows
• Perform and document test results and walkthroughs of IT processes and controls
• Evaluate test results and assess controls for compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements
• Participate in closing meetings to present and discuss audit findings and recommendations
• Assist on special projects as assigned (e.g., data mining, security assessments, process flowcharting)
You will also participate in numerous functions through the program, including firm events, which provide opportunities to learn and interact with our employees. The internship program includes extensive interactions with SD personnel prior to, during and following the internship ranging from personal mentoring and group learning/development programs.
- Must be an information systems major (accounting background preferred)
- Graduation date of December 2021 or May 2022
- Minimum GPA of 3.3
- Possess a balance of academic excellence, interpersonal skills and leadership ability